Sunday, November 18, 2007

God Met Me!

Last night I was dealt a blow. Not a slap but a blow and it hit my heart. I take abuse from some people because I know they are unhealed and I just get quiet and listen and try not to get wild with protecting or defending myself even though I want to very badly. This time I just couldn't think why this was happening to me. I did not deserve the blow but blows come so I felt in my spirit that I was to just be quiet and wait. I did quiet myself. I was able to sleep though I thought of the words again as soon as I woke up. But the thing to do was just carry on and wait...
So I got ready and took Demetrius and Karah to church, signed them in and went upstairs to read my Bible and get ready to worship God. I was in Acts where Stephen was stoned. I read how Saul was gleeful over the demise of Christians and how he continued to persecute them, but I have read it before and I know how it turns out! Praise God...
The words in worship songs melted my heart. I joined in fully and worshipped with my whole heart. The words to the sermon went deep and true to the blow. My healing was happening even as I repented for my distance from intimacy with God. Oh Lord how I love you and trust you! Then I heard His voice telling me He would take care of the situation. I felt the pain leave and the joy come. I can now wait for this with expectancy and kindness. Thank you Lord! Holy Spirit you are my comforter.

No comments: