Friday, February 8, 2008

8 Reasons it is good to be "Moi"!

I read Brenda's blog at Coffee Tea Books and Me and was officially tagged by reading it. So here goes:

1.) I have been a Christian for 33 years (nearly) and my life has never been dull or without purpose and meaning since that time. It still has all the ups and downs of life but with the addition of Jesus Christ as King, Lord, Friend, Savior, Provider, Protector, Healer, and the one who loves me most. Can't beat that!
2.) I have a husband of 33 years and 4 great kids who are now adults. Two of the kids are married and provided me with two smart and loveable daughter-in-laws and then I was graced with 3 precious grandkids who are smart and adorable and I am captivated by them.
3.)God blessed me by stretching the stakes of my tent and I have two adult added kids by virtue of his blessing, Brandy and Anthony. I also have 4 grafted in grandkids...Josh, Lizzie, Micah and Isaac...my pastor's kids. I have also Tisha, Karah, Jordan and Lewcie...my "Godkids" and Metrie who is a foster that I want to bless. My quiver is full but God keeps adding!
4.) I have some good and precious lifelong friends...Jeanne, Bonnie, Pam, Sue, Pastor are just a few of them and some in the making now...some will be for a season but some are eternal friends. Making friends is like a weaving project where one is the warp and one the waft...God weaves us together...
5.)I am whimsical and love quirky things. I don't have to go far to find reasons to be happy. I even like myself now that sin doesn't rule me any longer!
6.) I know that I am called to where I am and what I am doing despite the hardships that come with this call. I have been used to help people find freedom from Bondage. It rocks to see them free!
7.) I love music and writing and reading and tea and cooking and entertaining and serving others through hospitality and I find meaning in all this activity even though my identity is in the quiet times with Jesus who fuels my service to others. I love life even in the times where there is no relief from the pain.
8.) I have two dogs who I live with and I really like dogs as they are so forgiving and loyal. I would have more if I could justify it...
Anyone who reads this please leave a comment with a blogsite address and then consider yourself tagged!

1 comment:

Jamie Willow said...

I keep meaning to do this one but haven't had time...I liked reading yours though! love you!