Sunday, February 10, 2008

Reflections on another loss...

This week we at the church received two letters of resignation from members who felt God is moving them on. Here we are in a fight against the devil to keep the church going and to perhaps keep me employed to do the work that needs done but the fact is the church has suffered from a divisive spirit for a long time. Is this divisive or is this God? Good question and I do not for sure have the answer. It seems like a blow at first but maybe it is totally okay in the grand scheme of things. God knows I don't!
One of the families who left were particularly dear to me as I mentored the wife for years. Looking back on this last year I see her dissatisfaction and their growing need for something else, an unwillingness to do anything at all that required some energy or time or money. So the division spread perhaps to her. I guess she was bitten by the same snake that bit others. Or maybe it just wasn't a good fit anymore for her and her family. Do I have great insight? Maybe not, maybe so...
I saw her since then and was able to look at her and accept that they are gone and still love her dearly. I, however, have no time to regret or grieve as I must just go forward. Basically this is my life. Take it on the chin, allow yourself to feel the pain then regroup and go forward to the best of your ability. I am doing that in my marriage, my home, with my kids, in the church which is by the way my social structure as well as my place of work and where I worship and serve God. Does this loss just plain stink? Yes.... it does but do I have time to sulk? No. Upward and onward to the high calling of God.
What is next? I hope signs and wonders and miracles with many salvations. I hope new energy levels for me and a way to make a living that works and will help me pay down my debt and have some to give away. Continued divine appointments with the Holy Spirit guiding me...lives rebuilt and hearts changed and made new by the power of Jesus Christ. Do I miss those who got tired and wanted their needs filled? Yes, a bit of course. I love them but I release them to God's design and plan and I turn from the window as they walk away and go about the calling on my life. Let each of us work out our salvation with fear and trembling. I want to love what God loves and hate what God hates and keep on growing and serving on the way to becoming an overcomer. Thats all folks!

No comments: