Friday, August 22, 2008

Speculations

I am missing my kids and grandkids tonight. Jessi Lynn way down in GA where I have never even been and likely won't get to go very soon due to money and responsibilities. Lance and Jamie with her starting a new job and them establishing their new marriage in Nashville. Ira and Ashley with her starting school and a busy family to tend and a living to make. Sigh. I live near Mike and Jessica and often cannot make the connection to visit. They are busy living their life and I am managing mine as best I can. My heart is connected to my kids and their kids and their mates and their lives and jobs and needs but I am also very tied down and constrained. Oh for the red sports car and the dog in the back seat with the top down and the trunk full of gifts. I am far from my early fantasies but they haven't been forgotton in the melee of my life. I still picture that "Auntie Mame" existance I once sought. Isn't it funny how life turns out? I have strings holding me back but my mind still plays with the fantasy. What is your fantasy left behind? Go ahead and tell me. I went first. Ha!

No comments: