Saturday, October 27, 2012

More putting by.....

You might think I loved vegetables. This one loves me back!
My very favorite pickle is the bread and butter pickle. These are particularly wonderful with a sandwich.
The squash we did not consume were ground and put in bags to make breads in the fall and winter and frozen.
As the tomatoes kept on coming, I instructed Jenna who was watching my home while I was in St. Louis with the Grands....to wash and bag them for me to create sauce when I returned. I dragged nearly every bag out on Thursday and put them on the stove. They thawed and I cooked them down a bit and put them through the food mill. I then added a basil leaf, a bit of garlic and some salt to each quart. Oh they are really nice on my back shelves after canning them.
I do love vegetables!!!

No comments: